TLG Staff: Meet The Classy Ladies of TLG!
TLG is back again to bring you more of our classy beautiful women of TLG! Today we have the awesomely, awesome lady gamer herself, Kitty, or Ms. Kitty if you’re nasty! lol! This lady really needs no introduction with how awesome she is ANYWAY! But, she has granted us the grace to introduce her! So, we finally present to you…
I was going to write this long and eloquent soliloquy about the myriad of contributors that make me who I am. However, it is ME we are talking about here. I know that if I started on some flowery descriptive narrative that I might start with facts about myself and the games that I enjoy, but I would quickly end up floating in the stratosphere of forgotten monologues, spinning wildly among tangents that don’t make sense to anybody. So to avoid that (and to attempt to keep my ADD randomness to a minimum) I am going to introduce myself in a bullet lists.
- My name is Kitty. You may call me “Kitty” or “Ms. Kitty” or “Hey, You!” or just “You” or whatever you come up with that denotes that you are speaking to/about me.
- I have a supercool kid to whom I am passing on my propensity for all things nerdly/geekish. He’s rocking it out so far.
- I LOVE MUSIC.
- I was lucky enough to marry a gamer nerd/geek who also has a sense of responsibility (How rare is THAT? I knowwww!).
- I have this rather intensely obsessive relationship with Star Wars.
- I have also have an obsession with all things Joss Whedon that nearly rivals my love of Star Wars. (“Firefly” was the best shows ever made in the history and/or existence of everything ever. Period.)
- I indulge in some form of gaming at least every other day if not every day.
- I am incredibly opinionated about social issues. So, don’t be surprised if I drag out the soapbox now and again. I’ll try to keep my ranting to a minimum. 😛
- I tend to get a bit random.
- Pretty much anything that isn’t Country Western. Sorry if you’re a fan…I just can’t handle the twang. >__<*
- Favorite music styles are: Jazz/Blues and J-Rock. (Eclectic, ne?)
- Seriously though, Jazz owns my soul.
- My. Soul.
- This is actually a wicked long list, so I’ll just throw off a few of my favs.
- Equilibrium (ß—possibly the most badass movie ever made)
- Boondock Saints (ß— rivals Equilibrium for badassery)
- Serenity (duh)
- Star Wars (mostly the original movies because 4-6 were awesome and 1-3 were borderline offensive. Wtf, jar-jar…)
- Moon Child
- I’m a Cyborg but That’s OK (ß—seriously, if you haven’t seen this, you need to. Possibly the most twistedly funny movie in existence.)
- And a million movies more that will not be listed here for fear of this introduction beginning to look like a Myspace page. *shudder*
- Oh, and the Avengers.
- And anything with Robert Downey Jr. in it. Anything. That man could make eating a bowl of cereal look intense and meaningful…and hot. >__>
- NOT EVEN GOING TO TRY THIS ONE.
- I read 1,066 wpm.
- Books are my mind expanding drug of choice.
- We don’t have enough time for me to fan-girl over books.
And now the only category that really matters in this instance: GAMES!!
- Types of Games I love:
- Fighting Games
- 1st Person Shooters
- Arcade Games
- Well-Done Horror Games (you know, like the Silent Hill series before “Homecoming”)
Types of Games that I do not love:
- Driving Games (I suck at them. No really…)
- Sports Games
- Strategy Games (FF Tactics gives me narcolepsy)
- Most games made directly from a movie (I’ve seen the movie already. Why would I play a game to get the exact same story? There are a few exceptions to this.)
- I will also be the representative in the corner of those Lady Gamers who enjoy not just video gaming, but tabletop and maybe even LARP as well. J
Soooooo that’s me in a nutshell. I’m Kitty, nice to meet you! =^.^=
Now, if that intro didn’t tickle your funny bone, I don’t know what will! We are thrilled to have Kitty apart of our team! Stay tuned for me intros of our TLG staff!